feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

The Daniel Craig 007 Workout: Day 3

Labels: , , , , ,

Alright. So today was the legs portion of the Daniel Craig 007 Workout.

Reps: 10 of each exercise
Sets: 4

- Squat
- Straight-Leg Deadlift
- Hamstring Curl
- Weighted Lunge

As I mentioned on Day 1, I've been neglecting my legs and focusing on my chest, back, and arms for some time now. With that in mind, I was definitely at a lower weight than usual, but I really focused on full range of motion and squeezing out perfect, controlled form.

I'm going through this routine with a cohort of mine, who I have been training for a few weeks now. He struggled with the deadlifts, mainly because he had so much trouble with his form (i.e. keeping his back straight). But hey, the guy had never lifted before, and now has a gym membership and works out 5 days a week with me during our lunch hour. We worked through it. That sort of stuff motivates me.

You know that shakey feeling you get when you work a neglected muscle group thoroughly? Yeah. I got that.

Tomorrow... shoulders and arms.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
December 4, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

Ha, I've been avoiding a lot of my leg workouts too, I figure that cardio (i.e. running, sprints, any sport involving legs) counted as a leg workout. Is there any substitution or additional benefits to isolating your workouts to your legs? I mean don't sports like football, soccer, and tennis incorporate all the movements anyway? I guess I'm just trying to justify my avoiding leg workouts.

gravatar
Ethan Fox said...
December 5, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Mike,

I hear ya. I've definitely fallen into the "sport as leg workout" mentality as well.

While running is still a tremendous way to build leg strength (think hills, stairs, sprints, etc.), there isn't really a good substitute for weight training if you're really trying to isolate the various muscle groups.

Even if you're heavily involved in leg-intensive activities, I still recommend at least one good leg-training session per week -- squats, hamstring curls, weighted lunges, and calves.

Of course, that's assuming I man-up and take my own advice.

Post a Comment