feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

On Gaining Lean Muscle Mass

Labels: , , , , ,

To be honest, I'm one of those guys that for a long time had trouble gaining weight. And by gaining weight, I'm of course referring to gaining proper, lean, muscle mass.

Over the last two years, however, I have been able to slowly pack on roughly 15 pounds -- a huge step for a moderately lanky guy like myself.

My secret? It's not a secret at all. Chances are, you've heard of a similar -- if not the same -- nutritional plan.

Generally speaking, I try to eat at least six times a day, or at least every three hours. I lift weights at lunch every weekday (and eat lunch as I work at my desk when I return). I attempt to consume one gram of protein per pound of body weight, and I enjoy a bowl of cereal before I go to bed.

That said, some of the guys at my office were aghast when they found out I consume -- although I don't always succeed -- around 170-190 grams of protein per day, about five days a week.

But in actuality, it's not that hard.

Here's how I accomplished consuming 189 grams of protein throughout my day today:

Bingo. 189 grams. Piece of cake.

Anyone on a similar plan? A better plan?

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:
gravatar
Unknown said...
December 2, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

I'm liking your blog, btw. So far everything in here is accurate and blogged with a level of subjective-ness.

Those detour bars get spendy! I prefer about a cup of egg whites mixed with two whole eggs for a whopping 32g(is my math right? 1/4 cup of egg white = 6g of protien, 2 large eggs = ~12g protien) of protien! You're also getting Vitamin D here as well, among some other essentials. However, most people can't choke down that many eggs in a sitting.

Post a Comment